The TECh keyout system, once activated allows the engine to continue running after the keys have been removed from the ignition. By removing the vehicle keys, operators can continue to operate auxiliary equipment whilst maintaining the security of the vehicle.
In the event that unauthorised attempt is made to move the vehicle without keys in the ignition, on releasing the handbrake or depressing the clutch (either can be specified) the engine will immediately cut. Only once the ignition key has been reinserted can the vehicle be moved or driven.
Leave vehicle with the engine running
- With engine running apply handbrake and press push button. LED switches on
- Remove keys from ignition and leave vehicle
- Returning to vehicle and drive
- Insert ignition keys and turn ignition on position
- Remove handbrake and drive